About Me

My photo
Music, reading, family, work, and friends are just part of a typical day for me. Well, not including the clutziness, the awkwardness, and the general lack of being able to think before I speak. A couple more things about me: I have a serious desire to travel, I am absolutley in love with Chicago, also, but definitley not the least, I am LDS, and I love it.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Suddenly...

For some reason it seems, that since I've turned 18, I've been sassier to my parents than ever before. It's like a switch flipped. I've always been a quiet person, and generally I like to think myself kind. But I guess holding in emotions takes it's toll, because I totally have been letting snide comments out that in the past I probably never would have thought of. So all of the sudden my dad calls my puppies stupid, and I hear myself saying "don't call them stupid, they're sometimes smarter than you!" Which expressed my irritation, but unfortunately hurt his feelings. It's strange... This newfound change. Having a hard time controlling my thoughts, let alone my actions and spoken words. I guess I have a more independent nature than I thought I did. Interesting to see how this change is affecting me, not to mention my family and friends. But I like it in a weird way. I feel I have a confidence that didn't exist before, like I'm starting to be more comfortable being myself in unfamiliar situations. I'm starting to develop a "take me as I am or screw off" attitude. It's nice to have confidence in yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for thinking that this is worth commenting on! I love to hear what you think!