About Me

My photo
Music, reading, family, work, and friends are just part of a typical day for me. Well, not including the clutziness, the awkwardness, and the general lack of being able to think before I speak. A couple more things about me: I have a serious desire to travel, I am absolutley in love with Chicago, also, but definitley not the least, I am LDS, and I love it.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Some of my favorite quotes


 I love quotes. Some you have to think about, and are profound and impact your life (or not). Others are just sweet and simple. Some are cutesy, and can cheer up your day, and some are ultra depressing. I think this is a good mix:)

“Hope is despairs music” -unknown

“Always watch where you are going.  Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the Forest that was left out by mistake.”  ~Pooh

“The biggest problem in the world could have been solved when it was small.”-unknown

“Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.”  ~Albert Einstein

“Don't compromise yourself.  You're all you've got.”  ~Janis Joplin

“It's far better to fight for something than against something.”-unknown

“Just remember, there's a right way and a wrong way to do everything and the wrong way is to keep trying to make everybody else do it the right way.”  ~M*A*S*H, Colonel Potter

“Always when judging who people are, remember to footnote the words "So far." ~Robert Brault

"I haven't failed a thousand times. I've simply found a thousand ways that don't work." -Einstein

"Do something that scares you often because you can always learn something about yourself." -Lucy Hale

"How very softly you tiptoed into my world. Almost silently; only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts." -unknown

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." ~Robert Byrne

"The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes." ~William Davis

"There's always a silver lining"-unknown

"The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend." ~Aristotle

"A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked." ~ Unknown

"Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts." ~Margaret Lee Runbeck


"When love is not madness, it is not love." ~Pedro Calderon de la Barca

"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip." ~Jonathan Carroll

"The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread." ~Mother Teresa

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." ~Albert Einstein

P.S. - check out this link for a website with a ton of quotes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for thinking that this is worth commenting on! I love to hear what you think!