About Me

My photo
Music, reading, family, work, and friends are just part of a typical day for me. Well, not including the clutziness, the awkwardness, and the general lack of being able to think before I speak. A couple more things about me: I have a serious desire to travel, I am absolutley in love with Chicago, also, but definitley not the least, I am LDS, and I love it.

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Old Memories

The night before last I had the chance to see some friends. When I say friends, mind you, they're really more like family. I spent all of middle school and high school with these guys. I love them all, so so very much. Well my family and I moved about 6 months ago, so instead of being next door neighbors, it's now a two-hour trip. So the other night me and my sister went up to see them. It was amazing. It felt just like old times, without all the awkwardness or anything that had accumulated at some point. We were able to sit and talk, and just be a family again. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but it makes me so happy, even days afterwards. Knowing that even there's so much distance between us, but we can still all come together and just be us, our little family, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for thinking that this is worth commenting on! I love to hear what you think!