About Me

My photo
Music, reading, family, work, and friends are just part of a typical day for me. Well, not including the clutziness, the awkwardness, and the general lack of being able to think before I speak. A couple more things about me: I have a serious desire to travel, I am absolutley in love with Chicago, also, but definitley not the least, I am LDS, and I love it.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Love doesn't die


Are you ever with someone, and you feel so incredibly happy? Like nothing could go wrong, and all your cares just melt away when your with them? This poem is about an old couple who still has that feeling with them, and never lost it. They still have the magic.



Feeling Young Again

Happiness flows through them.
They toss bread to birds, and laugh along.
Later the sing along to a record,
and he takes her by the hand and they dance.
They feel young again.
Invisible, like all their sorrows are gone,
and all the years have melted away.
Nothing could be better,
just being in each others arms.
The companionship they have given each other,
the love,
the warmth,
the comfort.
The years have been good to them.
They know that.
So 82 or 22 it doesn't matter to them.
They hold each other, and that's the way it's meant to be.


2 comments:

Hey! Thanks for thinking that this is worth commenting on! I love to hear what you think!