About Me

My photo
Music, reading, family, work, and friends are just part of a typical day for me. Well, not including the clutziness, the awkwardness, and the general lack of being able to think before I speak. A couple more things about me: I have a serious desire to travel, I am absolutley in love with Chicago, also, but definitley not the least, I am LDS, and I love it.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Let's talk about boys

Do you ever listen to a song, or read a poem, and feel like, it perfectly describes you and some guy? Like after a break up your might listen to songs like "My happy ending" by Avril Lavigne, or "Bring me to life" by Evanescence, and "Rolling in the deep" by Adele. Songs that are sad and depressing, but kinda totally describe how you feel. But if you find someone you like, or even love again, your gonna listen to love songs, maybe constantly. Now, i know not everyone is like this, but, some are, especially us hormone crazed teens. So when I'm in a relationship, i tend to do all those wacky things, and i find myself writing poetry left and right. Now, i only once ever wrote poetry and gave it to the guy. HUGE mistake. he showed every person known to mankind the poems, even though i told him they were ultra private. so now i don't do that. if i write a poem about a guy, i don't make it that ovbious. and i don't give it to him. and tell him it's about him. but, this next poem is about the best boyfriend i ever had. what he meant to me, and what it meant to lose him.

SORROW
They hold each other
and everything else melts away
the world is gone
no more senses
just each other
it is freeing
and scary
and fleeting
because suddenly the world jerks them back
to a place of horror
a place of hurt
and a place of betrayal.
So for that one instant they were able
to have each others strength
comfort
and warmth.
But sorrow does not like to be cheated.
so they let go
and part their separate ways.



Drops of Jupiter-Train
this song, for whatever reason, reminds me of us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for thinking that this is worth commenting on! I love to hear what you think!