About Me

My photo
Music, reading, family, work, and friends are just part of a typical day for me. Well, not including the clutziness, the awkwardness, and the general lack of being able to think before I speak. A couple more things about me: I have a serious desire to travel, I am absolutley in love with Chicago, also, but definitley not the least, I am LDS, and I love it.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stay Young

I hate how people seem to think that you can never take a break. That you always have to rush around, doing things as quick as possibly. It just causes stress, and anxiety. Sure, you have to get things done. But it doesn't mean you can't stop to smell the roses every once in a while. I know it's an old line, used a lot, and something people rarely do. But, do you remember, when you were a kid, and you would lay down on the grass, and guess the shapes of the clouds? Or play outside barefoot, just for fun. When was the last time you saw a real starry night, not trying to spot stars through city lights, or if they're out, not even noticing? Sure i'm sixteen, and some people expect me to grow up, to not want to do this kind of stuff anymore, to not want to go trick-or-treating, or break pinatas, or play hide-n-seek. The truth is, just because you grow up, doesn't mean you stop enjoying those things. If you pay close enough attention, a lot of adults are just a more mature version of kids and teens. (Makes sense, because they once were teens and kids themselves) They still enjoy that stuff, it's just that they are older now, some feel like they have to have an excuse to do it, like a little kid in the house. Well, i just wanna say, be a kid while you can. Don't grow up to fast. Enjoy every minute of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for thinking that this is worth commenting on! I love to hear what you think!